North East Hampshire Historical
& Archaeological Society


The Society has the following publications for sale:

NEHHAS Newsletter
Generally three times a year, free to Members, £3.00 for non-members, including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 1, 2000
NEHHAS PROJECT REPORTS 1999 – 2000

A compendium of summary reports including, Heckfield 1999; Survey of terraces at Rowhill; Survey of Festaen Dyke on Hartford Bridge Flats, Yateley; Excavation in Chapel Lane, Farnborough and Surveys on the Winchester – Guildford Roman Road. Illustrated. 38pp, £5.00 each including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 2, 2002
CRONDALL HUNDRED BOUNDARY

In 976 AD, King Edgar made a gift of Crondall to the Old Monastery at Winchester. The land was described in the Charter and included over 45 places named around the boundary. Identifying the places and the route of the boundary are at the core of this paper. Contains many maps and references. 34pp, £7.00 each including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 3, 2011
FINDING THE ROAD

This publication covers the surveys and excavations into a possible Roman Road between Guildford and Winchester undertaken by NEHHAS up to 2009 when the society called a halt to its involvement in the study. With colour photographs, maps and illustrations this 130-plus page journal is for sale at £20 each including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 4, 2006
BROOMHILL, COVE – A WATCHING BRIEF
A 2-part archaeological survey of this Grade II listed house and garden before re-development. Thought to date from the Tudor period the property retained a number of possibly earlier components. Part 1 covers the house and Part 2 the gardens. Fully illustrated with black & white photographs, and with historical references. 36pp, £8.00 each including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 5, 2008
EXCAVATION OF POTTERY IN THREE FARNBOROUGH GARDENS

Excavation of trial trenches revealed a good quantity and range of pottery sherds typically produced in the local area between 1350 and 1900. The study traces the historical background to the local pottery industry and describes each of the 3 garden digs. Fully illustrated with black and white photographs. 32pp, £5.00 each including p&p.

JOURNAL VOLUME 6, 2011
23 TOWER HILL, COVE, HANTS - A WATCHING BRIEF

Results suggest the location was probably a pottery working site extending over two phases of activity from 1370-1500 and from 1550-1700.
Fully illustrated in black & white and colour and with a comprehensive historical background. 77pp. £10 each including p&p.

EXCAVATIONS AT NEATHAM BESIDE THE RIVER WEY 1971
Part of a rescue dig, the excavations by the society were conducted between the intended route of the new Alton by-pass and the river Wey. Finds, included coins, sherds and metal items, are fully described. Illustrated. 24pp, £4.50 each including p&p.

EXCAVATIONS AT PEABODY ROAD, FARNBOROUGH 1987
When a Farnborough householder found a quantity of pottery in his garden the society investigated. Illustrated. 12pp, £4.00 each including p&p.

HECKFIELD 1990 - 1999
This paper describes each season’s progress on excavations by the society of the remains of a Jacobean mansion – The Grove, Heckfield, Hampshire. Includes brief documentary research on the history of the house. Illustrated. 44pp. £6.00 each including p&p.

TRAINING MANUAL
Training Manual as used on the Society's courses on its digs. £7.00 including p&p.


Other publications of local historic interest, written by society members, are available as follows:

BRICKWORKS - A GAZETTEER OF BRICK AND TILE MANUFACTURING SITES IN NORTH-EAST HAMPSHIRE.
Originally compiled in 1980, this gazetteer of over 90 sites has been updated to include further details and photographs. A brief description for each site includes site plans as well as names of brickmakers and others associated with the site. Fully illustrated with black and white photographs. 59pp, £5.00 each including p&p.


To order, please send your cheque payable to North East Hants Historical & Archaeological Society, to The Treasurer, 1 Longmead, Fleet, Hampshire GU52 7TR

Home Current Programme Current Projects Contact NEHHAS

This page last updated in October 2013

Web Space provided by Hampshire County Council